WHATS MINE IS OURS

WHATS MINE IS OURS
GIVE ME A BOOK DEAL!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Finally Home

                                  FINALLY HOME



















Taxi driver, be my savior for the hour

Travel me around this concrete forest

Relieve me from stares and judgment from locals and tourist

Appropriately, for being slumped over a NO LOITERING stoop on Bleecker

Regretting ingesting poison to commemorate never again seeing her

Earlier,

The walk from Prince Street to Bleeker was spent entirely redialing unanswered calls and stressing over un-replied text

Stomach churning anticipation ushers into speed walking cause her buildings was next

Arrival, or more like the fight for survival, sweat begins collecting in my socks

Slight index finger pressure on apartment 4A on pre-entry apartment voice-box

Transmitting voiceover stating:

“please leave, we‘re over”

Instantaneously Bleecker becomes bleaker

Coincidently,

As the evening progressed the Whisky began to taste weaker.

Still slumped and without help, I nominate a passerby as my designated taxi hailer

“obtain one in my honor sir; for safe keeping at this point is a requirement for me”

I’VE DRUNKEN MYSELF IN A STUPOR AT THIS EVENINGS LOSS OF she

Stares and murmurs follow but seriously taken I was not

Just another inebriated announcer on this particular Manhattan block

Greatest city in the world and passerby’s give you the dial tone

All I needed was a cab ride to Great Jones to finally get home

No comments: